A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, April 15, 2013

It was a gorgeous day today. We managed to get to 84 or so and with all the green and blooming stuff it felt quite wonderful. Bit warmer tomorrow (may get 88) and I am looking forward to the warmth. Hopefully, we won't get no nasty storms come Wednesday the way the forecast is casting.

I did get out and mow my lawn this morning. Well, law is a bit too fancy a word for what we have. Still, it looks better now. I saw Charlie's lizard out sunning itself, it really is getting big. Must be some bugs around for it to eat now.

We have a rabbit hanging round our place. I think it is a mommy type as we saw a couple of wee babies hiding in a little nest in our back yard. The poor mom has a ragged left ear from what must have been a close escape from predation.

Bluebonnets are blooming everywhere I look. The wisteria is pretty much done with. Irises are going crazy. I saw a field of corn today that must be a foot high. It'll be interesting to see if the sorghum is growing as well.

Next week is the annual Texas Library association convention. We'll be attending, and best of all, it is only a short drive away in Ft. Worth. No need for hotels and fast foods, though C will have to have a bag over her head as we move through the snarly traffic in town.

No comments: