A record of my life updated at random times and for random reasons.

Monday, April 22, 2013

On my way to work this morning I noticed a field of grain was heading out. Sure, it has been green for some time, but this is the first time I noticed any real change. Even though we have had a very wet spring, the crop is still very short. I have been away from farming for too long to identify the crop accurately, but I think it might be wheat. I also noticed that the fields of corn had wee short corn plants growing. The weather the last few days has been nice, and today was really really nice.

I am impressed with how green everything is here this spring. When we arrived, this area was in the midst of a nasty drought and everything was looking dry and desiccated. All the rain this spring has changed how things look. I even saw a guy fishing in a stream bed that has historically (my history) been dry.

We likely have one more cool rainy night to survive, but with any luck that will be the end of that!

Less than 3 weeks until the sisters come visit! I am getting excited!

No comments: